Tuesday, May 29, 2012

...and starts to sweat!

i did it! i went to the gym and i worked out! (I'm sorry if this looks like it was typed on a phone -- I'm typing one-handed because I'm holding a celery-and-peanut-butter stalk in the other...yum.)

I got weighed and measured and body-fat-indexed and generally assessed. Surprisingly, my cardio was rated higher than my strength and flexibility -- I would have guessed the opposite. Best of all, I have a benchmark, so when I'm feeling fabulous in the future, and especially if I work out diligently but don't feel fabulous, I'll be able to see how far I've come.

Then I did two sets of 10 strengthening exercises (yes, just two sets, but it was the first day) and 30 minutes of cardio. I tried something called an Ark, which seemed intense. And I used a reclining bike, which was not particularly intense but enabled me to read a magazine at the same time. I don't think I'll use the bike again.

Now I'm contemplating a boot camp, which would require me to get up at 5:30 twice a week. Hmm.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!!! Celery - you must be serious. A fellow mom in blogland is proud of your burst of motivation, and has paid it forward with one of her own. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete